Tuesday 30 January 2018

NZ Road Trip: Lake Matheson and Arrival at Queenstown

In the name of Allah. The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful.

Assalamu'alaikum, everybody!!

" No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach."
~ Master Oogway (Kung fu Panda) ~

Alrighty then. After Hobbiton, this is probably my favourite place to go in NZ.....

QUEENSTOWN

HOWEVER

One of the MANY attractions that you can go is Lake Matheson. From Franz Josef, it's about 30-40 minutes by car. Some call it the reflection (or is it reflective?) lake. Reason being if you come to the lake at around JUST before/after sunrise and JUST before/after sunset, you'd get a perfect reflection of Mount Cook and Mount Tasman on the lake.

Unfortunately for us, we arrived there at around 10 or 11 am. From the parking lot, you can see the souvenir shop and see a path you can take to go to the lake. At the beginning, you can see a sign that offers you routes that you can take and how long and how far it is from that position. Convenient.

The photos that we got weren't actually perfect reflections but it was still really pretty. It was amazing. It was pretty amazing.











The views were amazing. They're the ones that people can use to make postcards! But I think my favourite picture is this one.....


This is as close to a reflection that we could get because at the time, the wind was picking up so it made ripples in the lake. Still pretty though.

From Lake Matheson, it was 5+ hours to Queenstown. We were about 30 minutes to an hour to Queenstown when we went pass a fruit store. Ibu suggested we go back. You know what? I'm glad we did. We got a good stock of stuff. There were LOTS of fruits. Apple, pears, bananas, berries. Fresh fruits, dried fruits, fruit juices and even chocolates. And we also got a bunch of apples. I got this for myself. And it. Was. Good.

Photocred: Tudor Rose Gifts
It was so good, I forgot to take a photo of the one I bought. Haha! We reached that shop quite late and we got some free dried fruits! And apparently, some of the staff are actually foreigners and one of them was from Klang. Haha! You can apply for a working visa to work in New Zealand but it's pretty limited. I actually Googled how to apply for one when I got back to Malaysia. Who wouldn't want to work at a place like this?


We had so much apples, it lasted till Christchurch, which is after Queenstown.

Guys, I got quite a number of pictures from Queenstown. So I think my next post will be all about the place. And I'm actually a bit tired from today. Research was crazy. I'll post the next one ASAP.

See you guys on the flip side!

P.S: Gonna get some new gear!